Monday, May 20, 2013

Power Bracelet

Despite the goofy name, this is a cool Celtic tech I learned in shamanism class yesterday:  you take three strings of three colors (or more if you, like me, know fancy weaving techniques).  Then, you go into trance and start calling all the powers: all the gods, all the angels, all the demons, all the totems (not just animal totems...ocean and lightning and light and decay and everything), the ancestors, your past lives, your future selves, your heros, the matriarchs and patriarchs of your tribe, all the spirits, and then you ask who will loan you a power.  They each offer you a power, and you weave all the powers into the bracelet.  It's a wicked awesome.  I used to weave magic when I was a kid, but never quite like this.  If you email me your address, I'll make you one!  (Just in case there's actually anyone reading my blog, only the first 10 people get bracelets)

1 comment:

  1. Oh! I want one! I'm studying Maths as an adult and a bracelet weaved by you would be awesome!
    BTW, when I saw that you were doing an extra lunar cycle in Andrieh's challenge, I jumped in delight. Your posts were fascinating! I didn't know you had a blog though, so happy you have one!

    ReplyDelete