Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Cornish Adventure, Part Three: Bonus Round!


As I mentioned yesterday, the amazing Camelot Castle Hotel in Tintagel let me stay last night (Jan 1) for free as part of their "artist in residence" program.  Here is how that went:

After a fun afternoon at the Witchcraft Museum, I headed back to the castle.  I went up to my room, which is nice but nothing fancy, to write a little.


Very quickly, I got a headache and became tired, and laid down to take a nap.  I am not sure if I feel asleep or not.  I began to have an ache in my lower back.  A very bad backache.  Like PMS cramps gone crazy.  It hurt worse and worse.  I couldn't get out of the bed.  I began to cry. 

I was scared, and shaking a little.  I thought to myself "Oh god, oh god!  Sweet Jesus, help me!  Mother Mary, oh Mary!!  I'm miscarrying!"

And that's when I was like....wait, what?  As a pagan who grew up Jewish, I'm not given to calling out to Jesus and Mary.  But moreso, I'm not pregnant.  Like, I menstruated a week ago, and haven't gotten laid in some time.  For sure not pregnant.

.
.
.

Tricksy ghosties!  Can't fool me.  I know the difference between my genius and a rando voice in my head.

I did a spot of banishing (IAO) and got off the bed.  I took a shower, and put on clean clothes.  And I read the Orphic Hymn to Hermes Chthonios off my phone, and walked a young woman named Maggie (or maybe Moggy?), who I think worked as a servant (slave?) here a long time ago, down the Long Road.




No comments:

Post a Comment