Monday, June 10, 2013

Invocation of Solomon



This is the invocation of Solomon I mentioned earlier. It's specifically intended for those of us descended from the House of David, but with some modification, you can probably make it work. I answered a couple of questions about it at the end.



I am [NAME], inheritor of the line of Abraham, blood-kin to Solomon the King.
My blood is his blood, and his kingdom is mine.
I invoke Solomon, Djinn-Master, Temple-Builder.
I invoke Solomon, Magician and the King.

I am [NAME], inheritor of the line of Isaac, blood-kin to Solomon the King.
My vision is his vision, and his foundation is mine.
I invoke Solomon, Djinn-Master, Temple-Builder.
I invoke Solomon, Magician and the King.

I am [NAME], daughter of the house of Jacob, blood-kin to Solomon the King.
My word is his word, and his brilliance is mine.
I invoke Solomon, Djinn-Master, Temple-Builder.
I invoke Solomon, Magician and the King.

I am [NAME], inheritor of the line of Leah, blood-kin to Solomon the King.
My heart is her heart, and her victory is mine.
I invoke Solomon, Djinn-Master, Temple-Builder.
I invoke Solomon, Magician and the King.

I am [NAME], inheritor of the line of Rachel, blood-kin to Solomon the King.
My self is her self, and her beauty is mine.
I invoke Solomon, Djinn-Master, Temple-Builder.
I invoke Solomon, Magician and the King.

I am [NAME], inheritor of the line of Rivkah, blood-kin to Solomon the King.
My will is her will, and her power is mine.
I invoke Solomon, Djinn-Master, Temple-Builder.
I invoke Solomon, the Magician and the King.

I am [NAME], daughter of the house of Sarah, blood-kin to Solomon the King.
My power is her power, and her glory is mine.
I invoke Solomon, Djinn-Master, Temple- Builder.
I invoke Solomon, the Magician and the King.

(Repeat as needed)
I invoke Solomon, Djinn-Master, Temple- Builder.
I invoke Solomon, the Magician and the King.





FAQ

  • Should I use my Hebrew name, my “magical name” or my “regular” name? 
    • You should use your true name. If you’re not sure what name that is, start praying by saying: “Hi, God. It’s me, _________.” Whatever name you filled in the blank with is the one you should use. 
  • Can I do this in Hebrew instead? 
    • If your Hebrew is good enough, go for it, but make sure your translation preserves the meter.  It would be better to do this invocation in glossolalia with the meter, than in unmetered Hebrew.
  • Do I have to do this out loud? Can I just “think” the words? 
    • Personally, I think it’s really important to invoke aloud, but try it both ways if you want and see what works for you. There's an underlying meter you should be able to feel. You might want to beat a drum (or table or thing) or rattle or such to it. 
  • Where did you learn this invocation? 
    • From Solomon, obviously.  Or, you could say, with equal accuracy, that I made it up in my giant brain.
  • Why did you order the invocation the way you did? Wouldn’t it make more sense to put the matriarchs at the bottom and the patriarchs at the top of the tree? 
    • That’s a question I only ever get from male magicians! ☺ I ordered them this way because my name is Sara, so I want to end with her. Feel free to reorder it however you like best. If you’re named after one of the matriarchs or patriarchs, I’d try to either start or end with that one. If you’re named Solomon, you win!

No comments:

Post a Comment