Saturday, April 8, 2017

The Blooded Rose of Shaddai El Chai: A Love Spell

Art by BeaZinkSoya


This ritual may be used to strengthen an existing marriage, reunite an estranged married couple, to encourage an existing partnership to turn toward marriage, or to meet a person to marry.  It was designed for use by a heterosexual, monogamous couple, but it should work for any couple (or triad, etc) who wishes for a divinely sanctified life-long partnership. UPDATE: Because many people, all over the world, are now doing this ritual, I have added an element. Each night, when you count, please add the sentence "May my count empower all others who count; may my work empower the Work." That way, we're each reinforcing everyone else's magic, so that if anyone accidentally misses a night, the "safety net" will catch it. :)
You will need:
  • a healthy rose bush, red is best but any color is ok (a “miniature rose” in a pot will work)
  • A bottle of red wine
  • A razor blade, rubbing alcohol, bandages
  • Frankincense powder  (coffee grinders will powder frankincense, but cleaning them is kind of a hassle)
  • A piece of white paper and a green pen

Instructions:
  • Sometime before Tuesday April 11:
  • Write, speaking from the heart, a description of exactly what you want.  Decorate the paper with hearts, flowers, and any other pictures or symbols that seem appropriate to you.  If being done by a couple, each person should write their own petition.
  • Mix about 3 Tbsp of frankincense power and several drops of your own blood into the wine.  If the rite is being done by a couple to strengthen their marriage, both people’s blood should be added.
  • Bury the petition under the rose bush.  Alternatively, you can burn the petition and sprinkle the ashes at the base of the plant.  Pour out about an ounce of wine at the foot of the rose.  Speak directly to the rose bush, asking it to bless and sanctify your love, in the name of Shaddai El Chai.

Each day, for 49 days, count the omer (use the calendar) sometime after suset, but before you go to bed..  Say a single sentence relating the day’s gate and your goal.  Then say "May my count empower all others who count; may my work empower the Work." 

Here are quick summaries of the meanings of the gates; each gate combines the meaning of two sefirot:

Chesed (Tuesdays): Compassion.  Grace.  Forgiveness.  Peace.
Gevurah (Wednesdays): Power.  Justice.  Martial Passion.  Protection.
Tiferet (Thursdays):  Beauty.  Cosmic Harmony.  Sunlight.  Happiness.
Netzach (Fridays): Victory.  Love.  Friendship.  Harmony Between People.  Amity.  Growth.
Hod (Saturdays): Brilliance.  Intellect.  Wit.  Humor.  
Yesod (Sundays): Sexual Passion.  Fecundity.  Dreams.  Subconscious.
Malkuth (Mondays): Home.  Health.  Family.  Community.

Every Friday, light shabbat candles, and then pour out wine at the bush.  The seven fridays are as follows:

Friday, April 14th:  Today is day four of the Omer, the gate of Netzach in Chesed.  Holy Rose, mother of compassion, in the name of Shaddai El Chai, awaken compassion and grace in my heart, and in the heart of my beloved.  “May the wine go straight to my beloved, flowing gently over lips and teeth.  I belong to my beloved,  and his desire is for me.”  [change genders as appropriate]

Friday April 21st: Today is the 11th day of the Omer, one week and four days, the gate of Netzach in Gevorah.  Holy Rose, red as flame, in the name of Shaddai El Chai, awaken passion and power in my heart, and in the the heart of my beloved.  “Place me like a seal over his heart, and he like a seal upon my arm; for love is as strong as death,    its passion unyielding as the grave.  It burns like blazing fire,  like a mighty flame.”

Friday April 28th:  Today is the 18th day of the Omer, two weeks and four days, the gate of Netzach in Tiferet.  Holy Rose, of surpassing beauty, in the name of Shaddai El Chai, awaken harmony and joy in my heart, and in the heart of my beloved.  “Awake, north wind,  and come, south wind!  Blow on my garden,  that its fragrance may spread everywhere.  Let my beloved come into the garden and taste its choice fruits.”

Friday, May 5th:  Today is the 25th day of the Omer, three weeks and four days, the gate of Netzach in Netzach.  Holy Rose, source of love, in the name of Shaddai El Chai, awaken love in my heart, and in the heart of my beloved.  “Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth—for love is more delightful than wine.  Pleasing is the fragrance of your perfumes;  your very name is like perfume poured out.”

Friday May 12th: Today is the 32nd day of the Omer, four weeks and four days, the gate of Netzach in Hod.  Holy Rose, source of poetry, in the name of Shaddai El Chai, awaken mirth in my heart, and in the heart of my beloved.  Let our tongues drip words of love.  “My beloved is to me a sachet of myrrh  resting between my breasts.  My beloved is to me a cluster of henna blossoms  from the vineyards of En Gedi.”

Friday May 19th: Today is the 39th day of the Omer, five weeks and four days, the gate of Netzach in Yesod.  Holy Rose, perfume of dreams, in the name of Shaddai El Chai, awaken dreams of longing in my heart, and in the heart of my beloved.  Let us yearn for each for the other.  “Listen! My beloved!  Look! Here (s)he comes, leaping across the mountains, bounding over the hills.”

Friday, May 26th:  Today is the 45th day of the Omer, five week and four days, the gate of Netzach in Malkuth.  Holy Rose, creature of Earth, in the name of Shaddai El Chai, bring my love to me!  “I am my beloved’s and my beloved is mine!” PS: If you like my writing, I've recently started a Patreon campaign where you can help support it! ANY amount of support (starting at just $3 per month) comes with access to brand new mythopoetics you can't read anywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment